The Medical Research Technician is responsible for accurately performing research projects according to established study design and procedures in the Tulane Center for Translational Research in Infection and Inflammation (CTRII). The successful candidate will help perform approved molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry research projects according to defined protocols and procedures. Additional responsibilities include: performing laboratory procedures and tests; analyzing and interpreting data; preparing and disposing of reagents necessary for research, maintaining lab inventory, and programming of lab equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to have the manual dexterity and visual acuity necessary for handling and processing specimens for testing, including preparation of specimens, operation of laboratory equipment, microscopic examination, etc.
- Knowledge of experimental procedures
- Knowledge of techniques including ELISA and PCR
- Ability to perform cell cultures and harvest tissues
- Ability to handle and manipulate rodents
- Ability to pay careful attention to detail
- Ability to present data in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to operate standard statistical analysis software
- Project management skills
Required Education and/or Experience
- One year of directly related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, biology or other basic science
- Prior experience in experimental animal model systems
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade T2.23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA