Preparation of blood and tissue samples from non-human primates on SIV studies for nucleic acid extraction (DNA, total RNA for microRNA analysis) and various other molecular biology procedures, flow cytometric analysis, immunologic/virology testing and for archiving tissue in freezers for multiple AIDS-related research projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to perform meticulous laboratory work with careful attention to detail.
- Capacity to work with infectious agents, blood, bio hazardous tissues, and chemical in a safe and conscientious manner
- Familiarity with aseptic techniques used in cell culture
- Organizational skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with others
- Previous experience with cell and tissue culture techniques, to include experience with microscopy, flow cytometry, ficoll separation of blood components
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a biological science
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of various software programs (including presentation packages, spreadsheets and advanced word processing)
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade T2.23. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: Covington, LA