The Emergency Communications Operator receives calls for assistance/walk-ins, including emergencies, and relays information to the shift supervisor and field officers; monitors various pieces of technical equipment;enters police incident reports into the computer; types various kinds of correspondences and performs various office duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer proficiency to include excellent keyboard skills and working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and written
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to navigate through the department’s CAD/Incident Report computer program
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months of prior law enforcement, security, or dispatch experience
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade B1.21. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA