The Medical Research Specialist coordinates and manages a translational research program focused on the interaction between early life stress and epigenetic and genetic factors to predict child health and development.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Capability of working independently in the laboratory
- Previous experience supervising students in a research setting
- Established skills in molecular genetics, DNA and RNA extraction, processing and assays.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work within a team structure.
- Strong experience with wet laboratory organization, budgeting and ordering.
- Ability to make independent decisions, take responsibility for own actions and function.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Three years of directly related experience
- Previous experience with molecular genetics, epigenetics, and the processing of a variety of biological samples
- Previous experience with research involving human subjects
- Interest in highly trans-disciplinary research
- Basic data base management and statistical analytic skills
- Interest in developing administrative and managerial skills
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade P2.25. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA