The Division of Immunology is hiring a Research Scientist to conduct research projects in the Nonhuman Primate Core Cellular Immunology Laboratory for AIDS Vaccine Research and Development at Tulane National Primate Research Center. Research Scientists are individuals holding a Ph.D or equivalent terminal degree who play a major role in enabling research programs through collaborative and collegial interactions with faculty, postdoctoral fellow, graduate students and staff. The rank of research scientist is a staff appointment.
The primary responsibilities of the research scientist will be to independently conduct complex flow cytometry assays including intracellular cytokine staining, as well as analyze flow cytometry data using FlowJo. They will also be expected to develop new assays, optimize existing assays and SOPs, and train others on assays and SOPs. They will be required to work collaboratively, be organized, reliable, and pay close attention to detail.
This is NOT a traditional research position, but a position doing high-quality laboratory work for an NIH contract awarded to TNPRC. Will require schedule flexibility occasionally.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Technical skills and competencies to conduct quantifiable, meaningful research in immunoassays and in molecular biology techniques, especially flow cytometry and ELISPOT
- Expertise in assessment of immune cell populations using multicolor flow cytometry
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency with common laboratory equipment and techniques required
- Experience analyzing flow cytometry data in FlowJo
- Knowledge of various software programs for both PC and Mac systems
- Ability to interact with individuals of diverse backgrounds at all levels internal and external to the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively as a positive, contributing member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work, performing assignments with minimal supervision
Required Education and/or Experience
- Doctorate degree in any area of Biological Sciences
- Supervisory experience
- Work experience in an academic or industry environment
- Experience with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Experience communicating scientific results using graphs and figures
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade . Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: Covington, LA