The Shuttles and Transportation Driver will provide safe and efficient transportation for all Shuttles and Transportation operations including fixed shuttle lines, RIDES and TapRide operations. Additional responsibilities include providing general operational support to management as assigned. This position works in a non-smoking environment.Full-time and Part-Time Shifts available.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic geographic knowledge of the greater New Orleans area including streets and places of interest.
- Ability to maintain a current valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) Driver’s License (Class D).
- Friendly personality with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and have the ability to safely and effectively transport customers in strict adherence to established policies, procedures and transportation timelines.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and emergency shifts as assigned.
- Ability to quickly learn physical locations (buildings and street names) of all uptown and downtown campus facilities.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Required Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years of driving history.
- Must have a valid and unrestricted (not including corrective lens needs) Driver’s License (Class D), and must meet the Tulane University Motor Vehicle Policy criteria to become authorized as a driver.
- Experience transporting passengers in a university transit operation
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade O1.20. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA