The Undergraduate Admissions/Financial Aid Representative will assist the Office of Admissions and the Office of Financial Aid by serving as a representative of the university and assisting prospective students with admissions and financial aid queries.
Duties and Responsibilities
This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Duties and responsibilities listed are essential job functions and exclude functions which are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
- Assist the university in implementing the Statement of Purpose.
- Assist the university in implementing the long range institutional and financial plans.
- Specific Duties are as follows:
- Handle student inquiries related to admissions and financial aid.
- Respond to student requests for admissions and financial aid materials.
- Enter all admissions and financial aid data for designated campus into the student data system.
- Complete and maintain student admission and financial aid files for the designated campus.
- Assist students, parents, faculty, and staff with questions concerning admissions and financial aid.
- Counsel prospective students and parents on processing admissions and financial aid documents.
- Process all loan applications for designated campus using EdExpress.
- Responsible for advising students to complete Entrance/Exit counseling related to financial aid.
- Serve as back-up for processing other student loans as needed.
- Facilitate student registration.
- Evaluate applicants’ transcripts for determination of eligibility to enter the university.
- Issue letters of acceptance/rejection to applicants.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations
- Ability to respect and adhere to the strict confidentiality requirements of a university educational setting
- Ability to make mathematical computations quickly and accurately
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field
- One year’s experience in an office setting
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment (computer, scanner, copier, etc.)
- Must have vision to read printed materials and computer screen
- Must have ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must have strength and agility to move files, paper boxes, and minor office equipment
- Must have ability to communicate in person, via telephone, and/or via email
- Must have ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Required Application Documents
Applicants applying for this position must upload the following documents:
Location/Region: Baton Rouge