The Medical Research Specialist for the Department of Medicine’s Pulmonary Diseases will be responsible for studying adjunct therapies for reducing pulmonary injury during influenza infection. Areas of investigation include analyzing the effects of genetic knockout mice in disease models, as well as delivery of anti-inflammatory cytokines. Additional duties include training lab technologists, students and fellows in proper research techniques and data analyses.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work independently on a day to day basis, seeking input from the PI as needed
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to accurately compile, interpret, and analyze assay/test results when collecting quantitative data from standards and unknowns
- Ability to significantly impact the results of research projects; accuracy of experiments and interpretation of data
- Ability to effectively monitor and oversee laboratory research staff, postdocs and student workers
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology and three years’ immunology research experience
- Master’s Degree in Biology
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade P2.25. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA