This position will help manage the department’s financial activities and research projects in accordance with University and grant agency policies and procedures. Specific responsibilities include preparing budgets for grant applications, reconciling expenditures, and projecting account balances. This position will also prepare all paperwork associated with budget maintenance and financial issues such as purchasing, invoicing, travel reimbursements, and payroll documents.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work cooperatively/effectively with staff, faculty, and students
- Ability to work independently under time pressure and prioritize tasks
- Familiar with operation of electronic office machines(computer, phones, copier, fax, etc.)
- Working knowledge of software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Tulane University Accounts Management Systems
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade P2.25. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA