Provides financial management for the Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science, within the School of Science and Engineering. Performs accounting duties in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.Monitors departmental and grants and contracts accounts in accordance with University and granting agency policies and procedures. Reviews and approves expenditure requests. Resolves financial issues. Assists PIs with grant proposals, budgets, and post-award management. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable funding agency rules and regulations. Coordinates graduate student support. Works closely with the SSE Asst. Dean for Finance and provides projections and information as requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Detail-oriented with the ability to make decisions and work independently
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on spreadsheet and database applications
- Excellent organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related degree
- Two years’ experience
- Two or more years’ work experience in accounting or related field preferred
- Knowledge of federal research grants and contracts policies and procedures preferred
- Previous work experience in an academic environment desired
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade P2.25. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA