The Director of Online Learning ensures the overall operational quality of all online programs at the Freeman School of Business throughout their lifecycles in conjunction with an OPM or as stand-alone programs. In consultation with the Dean, Associate Deans and Program Directors, the Director of Online Learning develops and implements a strategic plan for synchronous and asynchronous online, hybrid delivery modes, and enhanced learning experiences across all Business School programs and units. Position responsibilities include budget preparation and monitoring, course review, new program development, project and program management and program assessment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of adult learning theories, instructional design and curriculum development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative manner.
- Advanced reasoning, analytical, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and consultation skills.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage the development, operation and budget of complex programs.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies with the potential to affect online learning.
- Working knowledge of HTML, web editing applications, CMS systems, CANVAS and other learning management systems (LMS).
- Proficiency with all MS Office products.
- Ability to commit to continuous learning and development.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Educational Technology, Web/Instructional Design, Business, or a relevant academic discipline and ten years experience with academic technology and development/management of instructional design and online instruction.
- Master’s degree in Education, Educational Technology, Web/Instructional Design, Business, or a relevant academic discipline and three years experience teaching in higher education, including online course instruction.
Compensation Information This position is assigned to pay grade P5.28. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane as well as our Benefits and Pay. See our Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA