The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted philanthropic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region for nearly 100 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant, sustainable, and just region for all and our mission is to drive positive impact through philanthropy, leadership and action. As a community foundation, our resources are comprised of charitable funds established by individuals, businesses and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Greater New Orleans region. As a civic leader, we bring together passionate people from nonprofits, business, government, and philanthropy to address our region’s greatest challenges.
The Foundation is an inspiring, engaging, challenging, thought-provoking, diverse and dynamic place to work and advance your career. We pride ourselves on investing in high quality staff members and encouraging success by allowing individuals the opportunity to both contribute and enhance their skills and talents as well as to share their unique perspective as we address community challenges. Our workplace environment nurtures a diverse team and results in a broad base of staff knowledge and talent.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation’s Senior Gift Planning Officer is collaborative, engaging, determined, and well-informed. The Senior Gift Planning Officer is enthusiastic about partnering with donors to help them realize their charitable giving priorities and, in addition to, working with the Development and Donor Relations team to ensure increased giving to the Greater New Orleans Foundation. The Senior Gift Planning Officer reports to the Vice President for Development and Donor Relations and works closely with the Development Officer and Development Associate to ensure effective donor engagement, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Personally build relationships with high net worth individuals, private family foundations, and fundholders and implement tailored development strategies for each
- Lead the design and implementation of the Yearly Fund Overview and work closely with the Vice President for Development and Donor Relations to ensure alignment with the Foundation’s donor segmentation strategy
- Work with the Development Associate and Development Officer to ensure effective donor communications
- Work with the Development Officer and Vice President for Development and Donor Relations to ensure the Foundation’s planned giving, donor advised fund, endowment, family philanthropy, and support organization approach aligns with the broader development strategy
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop marketing and communications materials to support planned giving, donor advised fund, endowment, family philanthropy, and support organization giving opportunities
- Engage, cultivate, and secure commitments from planned giving prospects. Devise and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Provide stewardship of donors who have already committed to planned giving
- Support the planning and execution of the 1923 Legacy Society activities
- Engage with current donors and donor prospects regarding donor advised fund and support organization opportunities through meetings and written correspondence
- Engage existing donors and donor prospects regarding endowment opportunities and planned giving initiatives/campaign, providing necessary information regarding endowment structure and processes
- Engage new and existing donors around the Foundation’s legacy society and opportunities for bequests and future gifts
- Engage with Private Foundations and donor prospects with the intent of establishing supporting organizations
- Review donor advised fund grant recommendations and work with Foundation staff to ensure execution aligned with intent
- Work with relevant Foundation staff to identify issues related to the use and/or administration of endowments to ensure compliance with donor restrictions
- Maintain a deep knowledge of industry trends regarding gift planning, donor advised funds, endowments, family philanthropy, and support organizations
- Provide educational resources regarding gift planning, donor advised funds, endowments, family philanthropy, and support organizations to the Donor Relations team and other Foundation team members
- Provide educational resources regarding gift planning, donor advised funds, endowments, family philanthropy, and support organizations to prospects and donors
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Professional Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP) preferred. ? A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in fundraising (past cross-functional team experience preferred)
- Expertise in development areas (i.e. planned giving, donor advised funds, endowments, family philanthropy, and support organization giving opportunities) and strategies to build synergies across these areas
- Demonstrated success in building strong donor relationships and securing major gifts from individuals (including six figures and above)
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to synthesize and prioritize information from a wide array of sources while maintaining an attention to detail and effectively managing overall workflow.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent experience)
- Working knowledge of tax laws related to charitable contributions of cash, property, and securities ? Strong computer skills, including MS Office, nonprofit CRMs – Raisers Edge experience preferred, and donor research tools
- Background working with community foundations, member organizations, university annual giving programs, or similar fundraising environments.
Interested applicants should email the following:
1. a cover letter;
2. a resume;
3. three (3) references To: email@example.com
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT RESUME: June 12, 2020 or until position filled
The Greater New Orleans Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (70118)